|Gandhi and his wife Kasturbhai, 1902, South Africa|
Midweek Motif: Social Goods
- Politics without principle.
- Wealth without work.
- Commerce without morality.
- Pleasure without conscience.
- Education without character.
- Science without humility.
- Worship without sacrifice.
Do you agree?
With the important ingredient,
is each of these a social blessing?
Your Poetry Challenge:
- Let one of Gandhi's social evils inspire you to illustrate one of your own social goods.
- 160-word limit--the length of Whitman's poem about work below.
1. Post your Social-Good poem on your site, and then link it here. Does it come under the 160-word limit?
2. If you use a picture include its link.
3. Share only original and new work written for this challenge.
4. Leave a comment here.
5. Honor us by visiting and commenting on others' poems.
(Next week's Midweek Motif will be An Evening Out.)